University of Calcutta | Ranking | Profile | Subjects to Study | Admission Procedure
Table of Contents
- University Ranking
- University Overview
- University Data
- Academic Departments & Centres
- University of Calcutta Campus
University Ranking in 2022
Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Ranking 2022 has been published. University of Calcutta has been adjudged Rank 1st among all Central and State aided public Universities and Institutes in India on basis of holistic growth and development. Overall World Ranking: 201-300
Based on the subcategory ‘Decent Workand Economic Growth’ we have been awarded the Global Rank of 14th
The Calcutta University establishde on 24th January 1857 and it is the multidisciplinary and Western-style institutions in Asia. Within India, it is recognized as a “Five-Star University” and accredited an “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The University of Calcutta was awarded the status of “Centre with Potential for Excellence in Particular Area” and “University with potential for excellence” by the UGC.
The university has a total of fourteen campuses spread over the city of Kolkata. As of 2020, 151 colleges and 21 institutes and centres are affiliated with it. The university was fourth in the Indian University Ranking in 2021 list, released by the National Institutional Ranking Framework of the Ministry of Education of the Government of India.
Academic Departments & Centres
- Commerce, Social Welfare & Business Management
- Education, Journalism & Library Science
- Engineering & Technology
- Fine Arts, Music and Home Science
- Deans of the Faculties
- Chair Professor
University of Calcutta Campuses
- Asutosh Siksha Prangan (known as College Street Campus)
- Rashbehari Siksha Prangan (known as Rajabazar Science College Campus)
- Taraknath Palit Siksha Prangan (known as Ballygunge Science College Campus)
- Sahid Kshudiram Siksha Prangan (commonly known as Alipore Campus)
- B.T. Road Campus
- Hazra Road Campus (commonly known as Law College Campus)
- Viharilal Home Science Campus
- Technology Campus
- University Health Service Goenka Hospital Diagnostic Research Centre
- Haringhata Campus, Ionosphere Field Station
- University Press and Book Depot
- Baruipur Campus, Agricultural Field Station
- University Ground and Tent
- University Rowing Club
Calcutta University Fees & Eligibility
|M.Sc||₹8,694 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|M.A||₹2,314 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|M.Com||₹2,314 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|M.C.A||₹19,094 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + WB JECA|
|MBA||₹98,000 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + CAT|
|B.Tech||₹9,094 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + WBJEE|
|B.A + L.L.B||₹1,844 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: The University reserves 60% seats for CU students directly and 40% seats are reserved for NON-CU students.
Ans: Yes, Calcutta University provides reservation provision for the reserved category students:
Ans: For Ph.D. admission, the institute takes an entrance examination. Students must have to obtain at least 50% for the interview.
Ans: The candidates have to submit the application form along with the documents at the Secretary office, Technology Campus, Jd-2, Sector-III, Salt Lake City, Pin-700106, in Room no-004(Gr.Floor).
Ans. Yes, students from any part of India can take admitted to Calcutta University. It is one of the best education hubs in India.