The Ministry of Education in Japan offers scholarships to international students to study in Japan. MEXT scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The scholarship is applicable for PhD, Masters and Undergraduate students. IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for this scholarship, but you need to have the knowledge of Japanese language.
The scholarships are applied through the Japanese embassy in your country. Normally the Application cycle of the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April.
Table of Content:
- Scholarship Overview
- Scholarship Summary
- Scholarship Coverage
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Procedure
- Required Documents
- Other Scholarships
Eligible For: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training.
Coverage: Fully Funded.
Program Period: 2 – 5 years
University: Japanese Universities
MEXT Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan. It provided the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance will be paid by the scholarship.
- Education Fees: Examination fees, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: The scholarship will cover your Round Airfare economic class ticket from your Country to Japan.
- Accommodations: Accommodation for international students will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2022 - 2023
You need to qualify following requirements for MEXT Scholarship:
- Language: English with knowledge of Japanese Language
- All applicants are eligible except Japanese nationality.
- Programs : Applicants must complete 12 standards for undergraduate, 16 years education for Masters and 18 years for Phd.
- Teacher training students: You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in any recognised institute in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must have knowledge and study in Japanese language.
Application Procedure for MEXT Scholarship
Follow the application procedure for MEXT Scholarship:
- Visit the official website of the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- Submit all required documents to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- Face the written test and interview conducted by the Embassy.
- After selection you will be informed through email or the embassy website.
Required Documents for MEXT Scholarship
- MEXT Scholarship Application form
- The highest degree certificate verified with official stamps. (In case of other than english language it must be produced a translate notari copy in english)
- Two recommendation letters (Recommendation must be written properly in english)
- Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
- Well written Resume
- Study plan. It is written in English about the interest, education, research, duration etc. (for research students)
- English Language Proficiency Document: English Proficiency Certificate from any valid institute or language test.
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)