Lady Brabourne College, with its lush green lawns and gardens opposite the Park Circus Maidan is one of the premier Institutions for women’s education in India. Established by the Government of Bengal in July 1939 and named after the wife of Lord Brabourne, the Governor of Bengal till February 1939, the college made a humble beginning with 35 Muslim students and 9 faculty members in a rented house in Park Circus. The foundation stone of the building in which it is presently housed was laid on 26th August 1939 by Sir J. Woodhead the then Governor of Bengal. Ever since the college has expanded structurally and academically earning the reputation of having an excellent academic environment.
University of Calcutta
Professor Siuli Sarkar
P-1/2, Suhrawardy Ave, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017
Rank in India