- Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for North Eastern Region | Online Application | Criteria | Last Date
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Students who are not Applicable
- Slots & Scholarship Amount
- How to Apply for the Scheme
- Required Documents to Apply for The Scheme
- Renewal of the scholarship
- Last Date to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for North Eastern Region | Online Application | Criteria | Last Date
The Ministry of HRD and the UGC has taken special interest to the students of North East Region. The scheme is promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region.
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER).
- To focus on professional education in.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
Students must be domicile of North Eetern Region.
Student must passed class XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for during year .
Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course or technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any Govt Recognised University/ College/ Institut
The income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India.
Students who are not Applicable
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
• Students pursuing courses through Open Universities.
• Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
• Students gaining admission through “management quota”.
• Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
• Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Slots & Scholarship Amount
UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year. Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latestcensus report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States. There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently-abled persons.
Amount offered by the scheme is Rs. 5800/-per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/-per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
How to Apply for the Scheme
Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
At the time of applying, the course will be classified as general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode. The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS)by the NIC.
Required Documents to Apply for The Scheme
The following documents will be uploaded at thetime of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
1. Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
2. Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
3. Forrenewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ College.
Renewal of the scholarship
Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of a annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
Change in course of study will not be permitted. If the awardee changes the course of study, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
Last Date to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
The scheme will be closed to Apply on 30 November 2022. Institute verification till 15 December 2022.