Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program
Know detail about Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program, benefits and step by step application procedure.
The Gates Cambridge mission is to create a worldwide network to make a better world. The mission is to help to develop scholars by supporting financial help. The aim of the mission is to utilise talents to develop a better global society.
Every year Gates Cambridge provides full funded scholarships to study masters and Ph.D. degree in various subjects internationally. The mission supports financial and non-financial supports to the universal scholars.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Summery
Eligible For: Post Graduation and PhD.
Numbers of Scholarships: 80 scholarships: 25 to US, 55 to internationals.
Coverage: Fully Funded.
Applicable to: All citizens except UK.
University: Cambridge University.
Who are eligible of the Scholarship?
- A citizen of any country apart from the United Kingdom.
- Applicable to Study: Masters, PhD, MLitt or One year postgraduate program
- Academic excellency
- You need to be outstanding intellectual ability
- Reasons of course choice.
- Need a commitment to improving lives of others
- Leadership Personality
What the Scholarship Covers
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full financial support of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional supports.
- The University Tuition Fee
- A maintenance allowance for a single student is about £17,848 for 12 months, for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years.
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course.
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
The Gate Cambridge also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development support : £500 to £2,000 to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance : Up to £10,120 for single child and up to £14,440 for two or more children.
- Fieldwork : you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD.
- Maternity/Paternity support : Up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship support : for unforeseen difficulties.
How to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
First of all you should know in detail about requirements, deadlines, supporting documents of the scholarship and the course you are going to study. etc before to apply. Be mentally prepare then only you can apply for scholarship.
For PhD program, you have to discuss your research with a potential supervisor. Follow the steps to contact a supervisor:
- Using the Course Directory, choose your program.
- On your program’s page, under “Key Information”, click on “Course on Department Website”.
- Once you are on the program’s website, look for “CDT board”, “Contact”, “Academic Team”. Get the email address of a supervisor that you can contact.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be invited for a 30 minutes interview. Finally you have to go through the interview by Skype or any other app.
For more query please contact to Cambridge board by emailing [email protected]