- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Process for the beneficiaries under the Scheme?
- What is the amount of scholarship under the Scheme?
- What is the duration of scholarships and criteria for renewal under the scheme?
- Who can apply for scholarship under CSSS on National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Required documents to apply for scholarship under CSSS?
- How to Apply for scholarship under CSSS??
- How to disbursed scholarship under the Scheme?
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship (CSSS) 2023 | Online Application
“Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” has been implemented by the Department of Higher Education since 2008. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students while pursuing higher studies.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
- Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in Class XII
- Pursuing a regular course.
- Having family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum
- Not receiving any other scholarship.
Selection Process for the beneficiaries under the Scheme?
From the eligible applicants, merit list is drawn based on gender (50 boys: 50 girls), stream (3-Science : 2-Commerce : 1-Humanities), Category (SC-15 % /ST-7.5 % and OBC-27 % ),and 3 % horizontal reservation is provided for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) from individual State Education Boards. The total scholarship slots are restricted to the allocated quota earmarked for individual Boards as per the scheme guidelines.
What is the amount of scholarship under the Scheme?
- Rs. 10000/-per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses.
- Rs. 20000/-per annum at Post-Graduation level.
- Rs. 20,000/-per annum in the students pursuing professional courses are paid in 4th and 5th year.
What is the duration of scholarships and criteria for renewal under the scheme?
Who can apply for scholarship under CSSS on National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
(a)Students who have completed Class-XII in the current academic year and who are in the top 20th percentile merit list of Class-XII results of concerned Board (SEB/CBSE/CISCE) are eligible to apply for fresh scholarship.
(b)Students who have completed Class-XII and who have received the scholarship for the previous year,can apply on the National Scholarship Portal for 2nd renewal and 1strenewal
How to Apply for scholarship under CSSS??
While selecting the institution from the drop down menu? Data of only those institutions which have the AISHE (All India survey of Higher Education) Code is available on the National Scholarship Portal. Student is required to select the correct institution. User ID and Password is required by the institutions for verifying the applications on NSP.
No documents are required to be uploaded at the time of online application,onthe National Scholarship Portal. However, it must be kept ready which would be required at the time of verification by the institutions.
The bank account should be in the student’s name. Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the drop down list. Thereafter the complete account number must be entered correctly. Bank Account holder must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount. Bank Account must be operational /active. Bank Account must be preferably in any Nationalized Bank with core banking facility.