Guidelines and Policies
- You represent that you have read and understood our Privacy.
- Keep your User Profiles real. You’re welcome to use a screen name, but please refrain from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. We want to stay clean, and we might end up deleting your profile depending on how inappropriate your screen name, bio, or profile image is.
- While our team makes reasonable efforts to keep information on AddEducation up-to-date, please get in touch with us if you’d like to correct or update any information about any school or institution on AddEducation.com.
Ownership and Copyright
Except as otherwise indicated in the “Content” section below, the Site, and all text, marks, and other content contained herein, including, without limitation, the AddEducation logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, Content and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Site Content”) are the proprietary property of AddEducation or its licensors or users and are protected by international copyright laws. The Site and all Site Content is ©2021 AddEducation. All Rights Reserved.
AddEducation, its Logo and all other product or service names or slogans displayed on the Site are common law trademarks of AddEducation and/or its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of AddEducation or the applicable trademark holder. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of AddEducation and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of AddEducation. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company/school/institution names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply affiliation, endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by AddEducation.
- Responsibility for Your Content:
You alone are responsible for Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, check-ins, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile herein referred to as “Your Content”, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein. You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by AddEducation.
You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
- Our Right to Use Your Content:
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against AddEducation and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
As between you and AddEducation, you own Your Content. We own the AddEducation Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site, herein referred to as “User Content” and other Site Content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Site excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with the AddEducation Content and the Site, which may be protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the AddEducation Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Site and the AddEducation Content are retained by us.
AddEducation and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- Content Feeds:
We may make some of the Site Content (“Feed Content”) available via Real Simple Syndication and Atom feeds (“Feeds”). You may access and use the Feeds in order to display Feed Content on your personal computer, website, or blog (“Your Site”), provided that
- (i) your use of the Feeds is for personal, non-commercial purposes only,
- (ii) your display of the Feed Content links back to the relevant pages on AddEducation’s websites, and attributes AddEducation as the source of the Feed Content,
- (iii) your use or display of the Feed Content does not suggest that AddEducation promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, websites, products or services, including Your Site,
- (iv) you do not redistribute the Feed Content, and
- (v) your use of the Feeds does not overburden AddEducation’s systems. AddEducation reserves all rights in the Feed Content and may terminate the Feeds at any time.
User Content (including any that may have been created by users employed or contracted by AddEducation) does not necessarily reflect the opinion of AddEducation. We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our Content Guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
- (i) you may only view, copy and print portions of the Site Content for your own informational, personal and non-commercial use;
- (ii) you may not reverse engineer, modify or otherwise make derivative uses of the Site or the Site Content, or any portion thereof;
- (iii) any displays or printouts of Site Content must be marked “©2021, AddEducation All rights reserved.”;
- (iv) you may not remove or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in the Site Content;
- (v) you may not use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- (vi) you may not use the Site or the Site Content other than for its intended purpose; and
- (vii) you may not reproduce, prepare derivative works from, distribute or display the Site or any Site Content (except for page caching), except as provided herein.
Except as expressly permitted above, any use of any portion of the Site or Site Content without the prior written permission of AddEducation is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the Site to:
- Violate our Content Guidelines, for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review, trading reviews with other schools, or compensating someone or being compensated to write or remove a review;
- Violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Promote a school, institution, business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Site for commercial purposes, except in connection with a Business Account and as expressly permitted by AddEducation in writing;
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the Site’s search results or any third party website;
- Solicit personal information from minors, or submit or transmit pornography; or
- Violate any applicable law.
You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by AddEducation;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site or any Site Content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Site;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on AddEducation’s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”);
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days’ prior written notice to us here, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you at our sole discretion.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY ADDEDUCATION, THE SITE, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (THE “SERVICES”) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ADDEDUCATION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THE SITE. ADDEDUCATION DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT MATERIALS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE ACCURACY OR PROPRIETARY CHARACTER OF THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT OR ANY PORTION THEREOF.
ADDEDUCATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY. WHILE ADDEDUCATION ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES SAFE, ADDEDUCATION CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU WAIVE AND COVENANT NOT TO ASSERT ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AGAINST ADDEDUCATION, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS RELATING TO THE ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, ALLEGED INACCURACY OF SITE CONTENT, OR ALLEGATIONS THAT ADDEDUCATION HAS OR SHOULD INDEMNIFY, DEFEND OR HOLD HARMLESS YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FROM ANY CLAIM OR ALLEGATION ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR OTHER EXPLOITATION OF THE SITE. YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ADDEDUCATION NOR ANY PARTIES PROVIDING SITE CONTENT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY SITE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM ADDEDUCATION OR ACCESSIBLE VIA THE SITE, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ADDEDUCATION’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ADDEDUCATION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SITE EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO ADDEDUCATION FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE.
YOU ARE ADVISED NOT TO USE THE SITE, IF YOU ARE IN A STATES/JURISDICTIONS THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS.
Applicable Law and Venue
The Site (excluding Third-Party Sites) is controlled by AddEducation and operated by AddEducation in Kolkata, India. While AddEducation has made no effort to publish the Site elsewhere, the Site is accessible in other states & countries. You explicitly agree that all disputes, claims or other matters arising from or relating to your use of the Site will be governed by the laws of Indian courts, without regard to its conflicts of law principles. You agree that all claims you may have against AddEducation arising from or relating to the Site will be heard and resolved in a court of competent subject matter jurisdiction located in Kolkata, India. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to access the Site from locations other than Kolkata, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other jurisdiction.
Termination/Modification of License and Site Offerings
- (a) terminate your license to use the Site, or any portion thereof;
- (b) block or prevent your future access to and use of all or any portion of the Site, Site Content or Services;
- (c) change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, Site Content or Services; and
- (d) impose limits on the Site, Site Content or Services.